Gold Rush Coffee has always strived to provide coffee that is good for everyone, including you, the Gold Rush staff, and the farmers who grow the beans. But when it comes to the coffee in your cup our goal is to make it as fresh and flavorful as possible.
Here are a few of the ways we do this:
- Freshly Roasted- We roast our coffee weekly so you always receive your beans at their peak flavor potential. Our Roastmaster Joe Paff has the talent and love for coffee that it takes to bring out the best qualities in each individual roast.
- Specialty - Because the unique growing conditions and horticultural ancestry of each coffee farming region impart their own unique flavor, owners Joe and Karen work constantly to identify the best beans from each year's crops. Being a small family owned business allows them to choose from the top 1% of the worlds coffee.
- Experience - Joe and Karen have worked for 35 years developing relationships with farmers, coffee brokers, and the specialty coffee community. They have cupped hundreds of coffees, and are masters at developing blends in order to provide you with the best cup possible.
In addition to being Humboldt County's first roaster of organic coffee, Gold Rush has received several awards and accolades over the years. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Judge for the 2004 Costa Rica Cup of Excellence competition- Co-owner and Roastmaster Joe Paff
- Judge for the 2002 Best of Panama competition - Co-owner and Roastmaster Joe Paff
- 1st Organic Coffee roasted in Humboldt County - Cafe Breva (Organic Mexico Pluma)
- 1st Humboldt County coffee roaster's to employ the use of a cast iron skillet, Owners Joe and Karen Paff (unconfirmed and of dubious distinction)
Where can I get Gold Rush Coffee?
- Right here at goldrushcoffee.net
- In your home or workplace by calling in your order 707-442-2848
- At our espresso bar, Gold Rush on Broadway in Eureka, California
- In many fine restaurants, grocery stores and coffee shops throughout Humboldt and Mendocino Counties